Pages

11 November 2011

My Canon IXUS 220 HS


I found out that knowing the features of a camera is one thing, when it comes to shopping for one, the experience can be very different from what you expected.

I went around a few shops to check out a few cameras. But I made a mistake of not getting the sales personnel to demonstrate to me the scale and scope of each. I feel uncomfortable to ask to be shown the full function of the cameras, since I am only checking out and was not sure if I would end up purchasing from them. After all there were a few shops.

Since I have not been fiddling with a camera for the past 2 years, and I find checking out the specifications on the cameras was quite daunting, especially since the buttons and menus are slightly different on each brand of camera.

Luckily for me, I was able to call up my ‘Big’ brother who has a keen interest in cameras and photography to help me decide for one.

beautiful, isn't it?
I am glad I finally settled on a Canon IXUS 220 HS (just found out that the HS stands for high-sensitivity sensor) for RM799 (within my budget and light enough for me to carry around) on Sunday evening, which I now suspect was the reason they would not bring down the price. Another is I have been to that shop for the third time. I bought from them because the nice young man was more helpful than the rest and because what better place to buy a Canon camera than a Canon Concept Store.  Not the right time to buy, I was at another shop before the Canon Concept Store and this salesman was showing me 2 cameras, and telling me the 2nd one takes a much better picture, (without telling me why) when to my inexperienced eye, they both looked the same.

My advice……….look at cameras long before you decide on getting one. Get to know them well before you decide to go hunting for one. Nothing beats going to the shop and pretending that you are going to get one that day, just do not go to every shop in the same block. Another thing is paying more does not necessarily mean you get a better one when it comes to cameras.

Camera Fairs are a good place to visit to improve your know-how even after you have bought one.:-)

These are 2 websites I like, there are many that you could look at. Do note that there are variations to the names of the range of cameras available for different countries.

I have added a few links below for your further reading pleasure.
http://www.consumerreports.org                      

Basically, this is what my Canon IXUS 220 HS has:
  • HS SYSTEM with 12.1 MP high-sensitivity CMOS sensor
  • 24mm, 5 X Zoom lens with Optical IS
  • Hi-speed Burst & Super Slow Motion Movie
  •  Creative shooting modes
  •  Full HD movies recording
  • Stylish stainless steel body finish



No comments:

Post a Comment