Pages

29 January 2012

A Happy Lunar New Year


Preparations normally started early, with the cleaning and tidying up the house, and of course the shopping and marketing. I had thought that being retired; I would definitely have more time to do all I want for the Lunar New Year.

I did have more time, and I did take it easier (my husband too), and I did include a few more things that I did not do in previous years, namely baking some cookies and using home prepared ‘rempah’ ingredients for my curries during this festive season.

Another, novelty albeit unfortunate one is I picked up a flu virus and was sick for the Lunar New Year.

So it ended up, a ‘slower,’ toned down New Year. 



My beautiful friend
 
I feel obliged to write about my friend here, who has been with me for a few years now. I did not realize that it was turning into such a beautiful shape till a few days before Chinese New Year. Not wanting to miss out such an opportune timing, I could not help but dress it up a bit. It may not be the most beautiful dragon around this Chinese New Year, but it is definitely good enough for me.
Sorry, my friend for my below average art skills.
I fee

No comments:

Post a Comment